The Director of Audit and Tax Technology is responsible for the portfolio of technology that supports our assurance and tax practice areas. Responsibilities include leading all aspects of IT delivery and support for this portfolio – from strategic planning, to build, to run. This is a senior level leadership position on the team, reporting to the CIO. The position will be accountable for solution delivery and operational excellence and for building and leading high performing teams that support these systems. This position also entails IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) responsibilities for partnering with practice area leaders, serving as a trusted advisor to help to drive strategy and innovation.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead the teams responsible for plan, build, and run for the entire audit and tax technology portfolio. This represents a diverse set of applications – ranging from packaged applications to custom developed solutions.
- Ensure delivery and operational excellence for these solutions.
- Ensure solutions have defined strategies and roadmaps, and that these roadmaps are aligned with firm level priorities and leadership.
- Grow and lead a high performing team, ensuring we have a robust pipeline of next level leadership and evolve skills and career models for the future.
- As a member of the IT Leadership Team, effectively collaborate and build strong partnerships with peer Directors to coordinate smooth and efficient IT services delivery across Technology Services.
- Build and maintain strategic advisor relationships with Practice Unit Leaders helping to evangelize technology innovation and identify opportunities to leverage technology to create value.
- 15+ years of experience in building and leading high performing IT solution delivery teams.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality business technology solutions.
- Experience partnering with top level business leadership on digital transformation and solution delivery.
- A rock-solid technical foundation with the agility to be both a strong technology and business advisor.
- A passion for learning the business, emerging technologies, and staff development.
- Experience with vendor management and building strategic vendor relationship.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, problem-solving and technical skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, project planning and project management
- Strong understanding of the principles and practices of integration and data architecture
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred