Onyx Health is seeking a Director of Architecture to help with ongoing competitive solutioning activities in areas including custom software product development, web development, enterprise architecture development, digital services and emerging technologies. This individual will work as a senior resource and integral part of our product team, and coordinate with our technical lead and project managers to leverage operational capabilities and construct best-value solutions that meet/exceed customer needs.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Lead our architectural design team company wide. This key role will direct and guide our team members to produce technical design packages for Onyx clients.
- Influence client leadership teams to adopt SAFHIR platform through documentation, reference code, education, evangelism, and mentorship.
- Research cloud native tools, technologies, methodologies, and patterns to adopt for platform.
- Challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide architectural consulting to internal projects regarding cloud migration and API adoption.
- Serve as Team Lead for analyzing/interpreting product requirements and framing technical solutions (strategy and approach) for large, enterprise-wide solutions as well as task order responses for new IT business opportunities
- Participate in team discussions to assess/establish competitive strengths and weaknesses, win themes and discriminators, unique features and benefits, critical success factors, and cost/schedule/performance trade-offs
- Assist in assembling appropriate, technically astute writing teams from within and among its teaming partners
- Lead and mentor technical team through product and project implementation
- Provide technical team input as needed into business management proposal components such as work breakdown structures, staffing levels, project organization, transition planning, performance work statements/metrics, quality assurance, risk mitigation, and pricing
- Attend and document targeted customer visits, site surveys, and trade shows/conferences to gather and convey marketing intelligence on emerging requirements and technologies and to translate customer needs into compelling solutions for proposals
- Assist with response to sources sought notices/RFIs and contribute to marketing briefings and other materials as need arises throughout the capture lifecycle on opportunities
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to prime contractor team members in responding to technical requirements within core competencies
- Quickly come up to speed on Onyx Health’s technical capabilities and past performance in order to effectively leverage existing skills and capabilities within proposed solution architectures
- Key deliverables and associated activities may include:
- Enterprise, Platform, Industry, and Solution Architectural Guidance
- Work with customers to align technology to their business opportunities, identify solution system interfaces, constraints, scope, cost, risks and value, document business, information, application and technology aspects of approach
- Successful Solution Deployments, Business Value and Customer/Partner Satisfaction
- Provide quality assurance over both sales opportunities and project delivery, make go/no-go decisions on technical approaches, engage and lead Microsoft and partner resources
- Operational Excellence and Innovation
- Drive IP development and reuse initiatives, drive best practices, architectural awareness initiatives
- Business Strategy and Solutions
- Provide technical guidance to develop business and market solutions and strategies, align with and support Microsoft product and strategy teams
- Experience in the healthcare IT industry with 5+ years of leadership experience in technical product development/support.
- 10+ years’ experience with architecting, implementing, and managing IT solutions for Commercial clients and/or large system engineering integrator
- Experience working in Agile development teams. Experience leading Agile development teams a plus.
- Experience architecting modern, single page web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of leading-edge tools and technologies
- Awareness of and expertise in the full range of emerging/advanced technology initiatives (e.g., mobile applications, managed cloud, data analytics, virtual desktop integration).
- Ability to cultivate solid, productive working relationships with internal managers, staff, and peers as well as partners and consultants and facilitate collaboration towards innovative technical solutions.
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule to meet unplanned proposal requirements.