Director of Architecture and Software Delivery - Technology
Director of Architecture and Software Delivery - Technology:
The Director of Software Delivery and Architecture will lead our software architects that specifically design solutions supporting logistics and supply chain strategy. Ideal candidate has experience with a complex material handling environment and heterogeneous systems at varying levels of maturity and stability.
This person responsible for managing a team of architects, have knowledge to mentor, career grow, e.g. do we have the right person, people management, identify new opportunity. Technical enough to evaluate the design, in front of the team as well as the keyboards
Describe the Project / Product they will be working on? Internal apps: POET ? application optimize the work flow of the warehouse; JESIE - carrier selection and printing lables; MOSAIC(Moving stuff as it comes)- app moves data between DC and corporate systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of software architects that are delivering critical components of our logistics and supply chain strategy
- Facilitate technical decision making amongst internal groups, including material handling engineering, software delivery and architecture
- Work to integrate a variety of software solutions and platforms. Some have been custom built and others are provided by vendors
- Provide oversight, leadership and visibility to all platform stakeholders
- Drive consistency, reliability and observability in distributed, heterogeneous platform
- Improve solution quality and long-term cost of ownership
Skills (Education/Certification, # years' experience): 10+ yrs, flexible with the number of years.
Must have Skills:
- MS or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 10+ experience in a technical leadership position
- Familiarity with two or more of: Java, C++, C#, Python (mix of any 2,combination will be good)
- Exposure to material handling equipment (MHE) is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in complex systemengineering
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, facilitate good decision making and effectively communicate nuances of technical concerns
- Experience with Oracle, MongoDB and SQL Server (familiar is fine,but definitely need to have experience dealing with data base).
- Experience with cloud computing technologies, including PaaS, IaaS and Azure (client is currently using Azure, but any cloud technology will be good, at least some experience, no need to be expert)
- Awareness of WAN and wireless networking technologies, including common failure modes (understand enough tocommunicate with the network engineers)
- Experience with monitoring technologies, including New Relic, Nagios and PagerDuty (donesn't need to be those 3 but must have exp with any tool which can tell how good the apps are peforming)
- System engineering (doesn't need to develop an app, but set up cooperative of the app)
Top 3-5 soft Skills:
- Leadership, People Management, Interpersonal skills, able to deal with difficult and opinionated people, good presenter, able to travel (2-3 times a year, US and oversea potentially)
- Traits that would make a candidate not agood fit for the role: inflexible, can?t compromising, always look at theproblem with a technical answer.
- Type of backgroundyou are looking for: open from any, large enterprise background; startupbackground only might not work.