About The Role
We are looking for an expert individual with deep ML and Data Science experience to lead our Applied Machine Team as part of Pelion Product and Strategy team.
This is an early stage opportunity to grow our machine learning capabilities for our products and operations. Pelion's potential applications span microcontrollers, IoT systems, communication networks and cloud based data analytics, making this an important and diverse area to apply and expand your ML expertise.
You will be responsible for managing a team of highly qualified data scientists and you will work with multiple groups across ISG and establish your team as a central Applied ML practice that brings the benefits of ML and data science to all aspects of our business. Across all of Arm you will be a leader in Arm's rapidly growing machine learning community. We believe our large footprint in the stack of technologies needed for IoT applications - from billions of small devices running on Arm's chip designs, to our partner ecosystem of edge devices and gateways, to our suite of on-premise and cloud based software services - creates an unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the ML and data driven revolution.
The role is based in San Jose with occasional travel to customers and other Arm sites.
What will I be accountable for?
- The success of a team chartered to deliver operationalized data science and machine learning in service of product and business operations.
- Using your machine learning and data science expertise to improve Pelion products and services.
- Supporting our key customer and partners in applying machine learning to their use cases and problems.
- Tracking the state of the art in machine learning and data science to help position Arm as a technology leader.
- Building a measurably successful applied ML practice at the heart of a data driven business.
- Collaborating with Arm's research group to advance our intellectual property.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- You have team leadership and management experience and can work collaboratively with highly talented individuals.
- A PhD incorporating machine learning or a related analytical discipline is the ideal qualification, or in the absence of a PhD you will have deep experience and expertise in an advanced algorithmic field.
- You have the mathematical depth required to develop ML solutions for heterogeneous and extremely constrained computing environments.
- Throughout your career so far you have gained experience in deploying machine learning techniques to tackle real world problems and enhance customer use cases.
- Collaborating and driving teamwork with product teams and IT groups across operating styles and perspectives is something you do naturally.
- You have an ability to explore new ideas, allow your team to explore and channel their creativity into positive outcomes for the business.
- Communicating effectively at multiple levels of the organization is essential. You should naturally be able to translate the language of machine learning and data science into relevant business, product and operational terms.
- Experience or exposure to the IoT, embedded and cloud space and technologies, or major industry verticals using them is an important attribute that connects you to our customers and products.
- Your strong working knowledge of software development lifecycle methods (e.g., agile), understanding of web services and embedded software delivery will be used daily.
- Change is constant in our growing business and you are comfortable adapting to change and showing understanding in dynamic organization.