The company’s growth goals call for a significant move to a global, unified, digital operating model. To help lead this effort, the company has created a new position, Director of Applications and Digital Solutions. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the executive will be a key member of the CIO’s team. The executive will work closely with the CIO, peer IT leaders, and Materion business leaders in the development and implementation of strategic plans, processes and capabilities to accelerate sustained, profitable growth through a unified digital strategy. This is a leadership role with 10 – 15 direct reports including SAP business analysts, ABAP programmers, and web developers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Process Optimization using ERP systems and digital (60%)
- Working with the CIO, help facilitate the development and delivery of a “One Materion” digital strategy for customers, employees, and products.
- In coordination with your team of Business Analysts, corporate and business segment leaders, lead efforts to standardize and strengthen business processes throughout the business, including identification, vetting and execution of various process improvement events.
- Forge strong relationships with regional, business segment and global functional teams to create and leverage a “one Materion” performance-based culture, operating systems and business synergies.
Manage to software development efforts for Materion (20%)
- Ensure appropriate working relationships are established and maintained with customers, vendors, and employees
- Develop global standards for applications development that are followed
- Global web and SharePoint development
- Provide overall leadership and administrative oversight to the applications portfolio; ensure appropriate governance practices are in place; identify and implement actions to leverage uniform business practices and internal services that drive greater operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure company activities are carried out in compliance with country laws and regulations that govern business processes
- Track and manage globally any significant software investment / approve all programming outsourcing
Master data clean up leading to ability to use advanced analytics and real time operational data (10%)
- Lead master data management efforts for the enterprise.
- Real time data availability throughout the business enabling better decision making
- Automated advanced analytics enhances all measured functions. e.g., Supply Chain, Operations, Finance
- Lead our ERP system strategy, configuration, and modifications. Maintain the right balance between modifications and standard system usage.
Support the growth of our business (10%)
- Provide integration leadership to acquisitions or joint ventures as they occur
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or similar degrees; Master’s degree desirable
- Minimum of 10 years leading teams of business analysts and application developers
- Strong foundation in process re-engineering and standardization
- Early career founded in applications development
- Minimum 10 years of SAPexperience. Working knowledge of many SAP modules.
- Experience in architecting data warehousing, business intelligence or other data mining solutions
- Implementation track record with Business Intelligence tools, Digital adoption, Analytics, and master data management.
- Strategic, conceptual and flexible thinker, who can incorporate an array of economic, market, technological and industry factors into the analysis of strategic plans
- Experience working in a matrixed operating model and managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong communicator, negotiator and collaborator; builds effective relationships
- Strong leadership capacity and results driven change agent; high energy and passion
- Capable ‘talent spotter’ – track record of building strong teams and strengthening an organization’s ability to grow and adapt
- Able to lead diverse teams across multi-site environments over a broad geography
- Strong moral and ethical compass
- Fluent in English