Summary of This Role
Technology Quality Services – Director (Application System Testing) will be responsible to manage the software quality assurance functions to enable the effective development and implementation of testing programs that ensure all systems meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements through manual and automated testing programs. Administers change control process for zero defect system development. Develops quality standards for company products and oversees the development and execution of test plans and analysis of test results.
What Part Will You Play?
- Responsible for Quality Services delivery & Quality Engineering for TSYS Products. Manages the development and system enhancements for assigned area(s) to include problem resolution/management, testing for application maintenance, project requests and system enhancements. Performs analysis, discovery, and inclusion of emerging software testing industry standards and tools to provide for continuous improvement opportunities for our team members. Oversees and accounts for review of deliverables from the relevant processes for content, accuracy, timelines, and areas for improvement. Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules, costs and resources.
- Defines and Implements Quality Assurance practices and procedures and ensures the work aligns with company's priorities. Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments. Directs the approach for test coverage and the strategy for the appropriate test levels needed , including establishment of functional acceptance criteria. Ensures the appropriate testing tools for automation and test management are secured and used to improve testing efficiency and effectiveness. Establishes and directs the metrics process for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Directs the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates. Collaborates with the Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for testing activities. Collaborates with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process. Develops strong partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of software products and solutions to meet key business objectives. Establishes metrics to benchmark product quality against non-functional and functional requirements and also to benchmark the customer’s (internal and external customers) expectations. Drives usage of quality metrics across the organization. Ensures with the other Lines of Business (LOBs) in order to predict and prevent issues from occurring in production.
- Represent the company's leadership by partnering with the client on site during large events such as product launches and implementations. Develop strong relationships with new and existing clients. Uses experience, knowledge and strategic mindset, to provide ideas for improvement to enhance productivity and customer satisfaction. Ensures organizational readiness with product launches and assists with creating marketing material. Consults with clients on test script design and guide the joint production testing process.
- Develops new products, application features and services to increase revenue, productivity, product strength, or reduce risk. Recommends opportunities for revenue generation of services and ongoing products or features.
- Leads a team that consists of team members performing skilled tasks across multiple applications. Maintains, administers, interprets and communicates procedures, methodology and/or application standards to team members according to how they are applied in testing activities.
- Plans, prepares, and manages to annual budget for the division to include employee expense, travel, training, tools, equipment, and resources to maintain a high level of platform dependability and client service. Collaborates with business partner leaders to forecast capitalized labor and manage team(s) to manage to plan.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- Related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
- Master's Degree
- Related field of study from an accredited university.
- Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Setting up & managing QA teams with team leads, QA automation engineers & performance test engineers.
- Global resource strategy development & management (across multiple geographies)
- Six Sigma experience to drive product quality related process improvements & cost savings.
- Large scale budget planning, monitoring & oversight.
- Test automation tools ( UFT/QTP, Loadrunner/Performance Center/Sitescope, HP ALM / Quality Center, Selenium Webdriver 2.5X / 3.0)
- Automated build, test & deploy tools (Jenkins / Bamboo / Rational)
- Certifications in test automation tools a plus.