As a direct report to the CIO, the head of Application Development provides overall leadership, coordination, and hands-on expertise in the areas of application governance, architecture, design, development, maintenance, testing, and operations. Primary technologies currently deployed include Microsoft .NET. Mortgage industry expertise and tenure and experience in additional technologies is a basic requirement.
Supervises: Full-Stack Developers, and on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Responsible for innovating and maintaining superior technology systems across all areas of the organization to enhance productivity, achieve business goals and deliver world class customer service.
- Close collaboration with Executive and Operational Management and leaders to execute objectives through IT strategies, and hands on leadership of teams to ensure goals are achieved
- Collaborate and facilitate with Executive team and functional operations leaders to extract needs and convert into a pipeline of technology requirements and solutions.
- Leadership experience with the ability to properly influence people, processes and technology in a manner that enriches company culture
- Establish the short and long-term goals for the IT Applications department.
- Develop, implement and enforce the policies and procedures of the IT Applications department.
- Manage the productivity and performance of the IT Applications department.
- Application/Systems Architect level experience with Mortgage systems and platforms.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teaming, oral, and written communications.
- Outstanding analytical skills, with demonstrated experience and problem solving skills, interpreting test results and drawing conclusions.
- Experience in a full stack, application development and operating environment.
- Ability to manage in a fast paced, multiple priority driven environment
- Aptitude to evaluate and become proficient in new (or new to you) technologies.
- Experience leading small to midsize teams that consistently ?goes above and beyond? in terms of impact to the organization.
- 10-12years of technologyexperience with progressive responsibilities.
- College and Advanced degree in a suitable curriculumrequired
- Microsoft ASP.NET, C#, SQL, Azure
- Tenured Mortgage/Financial services experience in Point of Sale and Loan Originations
- Experience working in regulated compliance driven environments
- Experience with Agile/Lean software development methodologies.