We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded leader with a strong background in building software while building a strong relationship with both business and technical teams for design, development, and improvement of our current and future applications. This is truly a director in the business and will have direct contact with our C-Suite and distributed retail store environment.
- Act as a liaison between technical teams, business units and operational teams
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and actively manage expectations
- Prioritize daily, weekly and monthly team tasks
- Manage and lead a team of developers, DBA’s, QA engineers and report writers through projects and solutions
- Effectively participate in Sprint planning and coordinate releases
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Contribute to Best Practice documentation
- Positive “Can Do Attitude”
- Provides strategic direction for developing enterprise project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risk, contingency plan and allocation of resources.
- Collaborate and stay engaged with the entire “IT” team.
Education / Experience
- BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related fields
- 5 + years of experience in commercial .net application development.
- 3 + years using SQL database
- 5 + years gathering business requirements
- 3 + years acting as a Project Manager
- 5 + years creating solutions for new applications
- C#, ASP.NET MVC
- SEO – Strong experience understanding / implementing best practices through the design process
- Experience leading an application development / operations team
- Experienceworking directly with owners of a company
- Experienced in a smaller to large system environments that are fast paced and entrepreneurial.
- Has experience as PM/BA - Good written / verbal communication skills
- Work/ interface with all of the teams (business, operations and technical).
- Must have the ability to inspire people to want to be the best
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience leading an offshore development team