- New Director position - direct report to CIO
- Team of 30+
- ERP Environment; multinational SAP implementation in progress
- Grand Rapids, Michigan HQ
Bring your technical expertise and business leadership to this newly established IT leadership role atGordon Food Service! The Director of Application Development & Enterprise Architecture reports tothe CIO and has ultimate responsibility for the delivery and support of Application Development and Enterprise Architecture related Products & Services.
You'll enjoy a collaborative environment where you will have a significant impact on the future of technology here at GFS and how IT works with functional stakeholders to develop technology roadmaps across areas of responsibility to meet current and future business and IT needs. The Director will be responsible for defining and executing the organizational model, vendor ecosystem and associated governance processes todeliver high quality within our agile/dev-ops framework.
- Leads and inspires the application development and enterprise architecture teams to engage with IT peers and the business to identify new functionality, develop compelling business cases, prioritize projects and develop plans that maximize return on investment for the company.
- Effectively initiates, plans, schedules, controls, and brings to closure multiple high priority projects in support of business priorities and desired business outcomes.
- Effectively staffs business priorities to functional IT Teams as needed.
- Effectively attracts, retains and develops technical talent for areas of responsibility.
- Fosters a strong customer service mind-set throughout areas of responsibility, while championing thought leadership and partnership with the business and IT leader peers.
- Partners with business leaders and our IT Operations and Infrastructure teams to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
- Seeks out, validates, and brings to the technology organization innovative best practices and ideas from the outside, with a particular emphasis on application development methodologies and our technology roadmap.
- Develops and executes an effective labor sourcing strategy provide required technology services
- Develops and manages large opex and capex budgets to meet desired business outcomes through solution delivery.
Application Development Duties:
- Develops and leads a collaborative and Agile software development approach that improves velocity, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability.
- Drives the cultural changes necessary within a DevOps delivery model to enable a continuous delivery model, and foster a strong focus on automation of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Manages multiple development teams supporting different products or lines of businesses - ERP & Custom apps
- Plans, coordinates, supervises all activities related to the design, development, implementation of the organization's applications development
Enterprise Architecture Duties:
- Leads the micro-services, open API and integration (Paas) framework to facilitate integrated, highly available and secure applications and infrastructure to support desired business outcomes.
- Ensures architecture supports business goals while also establishes proper governance, security and controls for solution delivery
- Finds ways in which to improve our IT department's functions so they support our future goals
- Creates business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals
- Evaluates our systems engineering, talent recruiting and accounting models for discrepancies or vulnerabilities
- Identifies ways to reduce costs in IT and business leadership
Leading Candidates will differentiate themselves with:
- 7+ in Application Development experience
- 7+ years experience in Senior Technology Leadership.
- Demonstrated background in technical solution delivery across a multi-platform environment. Application Development background required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field required; Master'spreferred
- Strong knowledge and development experience in working with large multi-functional and multi-platform database environments
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience leading teams that understand advancedtechnical trends such as Big Data, AI, ML, Cloud Native