This is a darling of the start-up community! They just came off a highly successful investment round. This is a mission-critical role that will help them officially launch their product and platform.
Candidates must be legal to work in the United States and open to relocate to the Kansas City area. This is not a remote position.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team of software engineers in the architecture and development of mobile applications that coincide with the company's cutting-edge technology. This includes providing oversight of the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications.
- Partners with the product team to help develop a mobile app that enhances our current technology
- Manages software engineers who design, build and maintain solutions within a set of technology products and/or services; oversees the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions
- Resolves escalated issues throughout the development, configuration, and modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions
- Hires, trains, and develops talent for growth opportunities; monitors team/individual’s morale and engagement to maintain highly effective and collaborative environments
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, support, and scalability of robust, reliable, and secure business and enterprise software solutions
- Partners with engineers and architects to ensure optimal technology solutions are built by the engineering team
- Influences and establishes best in class engineering practices through solid design decisions and tools
- Provides leadership to the team by attracting and hiring talented individuals, setting goals and communicating clear expectations, providing timely and constructive feedback as well as meaningful developmental opportunities, managing performance, providing resources and support as needed, and sponsoring and leading team members through change
- Bachelor\'s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 5-8 years of IT experience
- 5 years coding mobile applications for both the Apple and Android platforms
- Hands-on experience developing mobile applications for both the IOS and Android platforms.
- 3 years of experience leading project or technical teams with or without formal direct report responsibility; this includes experience providing technical direction, thought leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members
- Experience working with DevOps tools such as Docker and Kubernetes