Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Director of Analytics, Strategic Decision Support & Clinical Effectiveness Quality Improvement provides leadership, analytic insight, and administrative support to senior Penn Medicine executives on administrative/business and clinical projects within the Director's assigned domain of responsibility. Assigned domains of responsibility are determined by reporting relationship. Examples include CEQI/Clinical or SDS/Market & Financial. Analytical support will occasionally cross domain boundaries, and in these situations the Director will be expected to liaise with internal experts to address or hand off projects, as appropriate.
The Director of Analytics, SDS/CEQI will manage a portfolio of projects and apply their consultative, analytical, and stakeholder management skills to drive positive change for Penn Medicine. The Director will work directly with senior Penn Medicine leaders and provide leadership and direction to their respective teams.
• Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience in a healthcare setting required.
• Master's Degree (e.g., MHA, MPH, MBA, etc.) preferred.
• Master's Degree (MBA) and 6+ years' post-MBA strategy consulting experience preferred.
• Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with a strong understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials, and major industry trends impacting health care providers preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently.
• Able to lead and influence a cross-functional group of leaders to consensus and action.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrates innovative approaches in addressing business challenges that have not been solved by more traditional measures.
• Can work effectively with a range of businesses, clinical, and academic leaders; can move projects forward in a setting of distributed accountability.
• Able to translate complex information into simple explanations that everyone can understand.
• Ability to drive multiple projects with overlapping time-frames.
• Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of or familiarity with national standards for quality, safety and healthcare standards preferred.
• Knowledge of or familiarity with change management, Lean Six Sigma, and process improvement terminology, tools, and process preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.