Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about reimagining, redefining and reinventing the role banking plays in people's lives.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
As the Analytics Director in Peru you will lead the DigitalBanking analytics team, including building capabilities, setting strategy and driving data-centric decision making in digital product design, development and go-to-market as well as in digitalchannel adoption and transaction migration from branches to digitalchannels.
Digital capabilities include predictive modeling, machine learning, optimization, and business intelligence. You will actively work on, and manage a team that works on, customer interaction analytics projects and insight generation using statistical analysis, machine learning, data mining and numerical optimization techniques. You will also be responsible for championing a decision science focused approach in supporting the Digital Factory initiatives.
What you'll do
- Advanced Analytics and Predictive Modelling
- Direct application of traditional and advanced analytics in support of the Digital Factory initiatives.
- Partner with business lines, stakeholders and other teams
- Maintain a robust statistical modelling environment.
- Coaching and development of staff
- Work collaboratively with Data Engineers, Developers, UX Designers, DigitalMarketing team, Product Owners and Scrum Master to define analytics requirements for every scrum and map out an end-to-end solution
- Collaborate with Data engineering and operational teams to deploy models and algorithms in production, across different channels and customer platforms
- Leverage distributed computing tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) for analysis, data mining and modeling
- You’ll report directly to the Senior Vice President of DigitalBanking in Peru and lead a team of 5 Data Scientists.
What you need to succeed in this role
- University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Industrial Engineering)
- Solid experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g., Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka) and experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Hbase, Cassandra, Druid)
- Solid experience with common machine Learning libraries in R, Python, Spark.
- Experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, audio, image)
- Production experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, machine learning and predictive modeling (e.g., cross-sell, upsell, attrition, acquisition and lookalike models)
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau or Qlikview
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Expert knowledge in modernagile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments.
It would be cool if you were
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on the world
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Excited about committing a significant chunk of your daily activities to innovation projects with your peers
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence