Director of Analyst Relations
The objectives of this position principally involve the following key responsibilities:
• Development of the annual analyst relationship plan that maximizes exposure, value and engagement with Epsilon/Conversant’s analyst partners
• Ownership of Epsilon/Conversant’s North American analyst relations programs
• Working with internal SMEs and a dedicated project manager, own and oversee analyst-based “round up” reports that cover key Epsilon technologies and services
The Director of Analyst Relations will lead the company efforts in managing analyst relationships (AR). This position will support inbound analyst requests and drive outbound analyst engagement in the form of briefings and inquiries. As Epsilon/Conversant’s market presence grows and also extends into new areas, this individual will have the opportunity to bring a new level of focus and discipline to the role of Analyst relations through proactive programs that provide an ongoing focus to these areas of the business.
The internal partners necessary to achieve objectives include counterparts in Product Marketing, Sales Marketing, Sales, Client Services, Portfolio Management and Product Management teams. This role must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, including executives. The Director of Analyst Relations will define the AR strategy, key measurements, tactics and new opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively assess and address the needs of analysts as it relates to their research needs and inquiries about Epsilon/Conversant. This primarily includes support for analyst market inquiries, client referrals/interviews and technology knowledge transfer, in support of analyst research.
• Manage analyst engagement strategy to ensure accurate, comprehensive and consistent coverage of Epsilon/Conversant's services, products and technologies. This involves the synthesis/coordination of Marketing, Product Management, and Business Development messaging for analyst consumption.
• Manage vendor or product “round up” engagements with industry analyst that are creating reports ranking Epsilon/Conversant's products and services, including Forrester Waves and Gartner Magic Quadrants/Critical Capabilities.
• Develop an engagement calendar designed to proactively drive and broaden relationships with relevant analysts to ensure that Epsilon is well-positioned and top-of-mind with analysts who influence the opinions of the market. Particularly customers/prospects, journalists and financial investors. This includes partnering with Product Management and Epsilon/Conversant's SMEs to identify outreach opportunities and key analyst engagement drivers.
• Leverage analyst research to drive in-bound knowledge transfer to Product Management, Sales, Client Services, Portfolio Leads, etc. This includes monitoring and understanding the research and reporting cycles of key analysts, as well as identifying, analyzing, producing and disseminating relevant information in a timely and digestible manner.
• Support Epsilon/Conversant personnel in need of analyst market research information to inform/enhance their functions. Departments such as Sales and Marketing often require specific market data/research to support their claims. This includes fielding individual requests, as well as notifying Product Management and Sales of new research as it becomes available, providing summaries of research conclusions and significant findings, and coordinating with the Finance department in making research purchasing decisions.
• Drive analyst inquiries in support of Epsilon/Conversant teams, where knowledge gaps exist, analyst feedback/direction is sought after or market direction is needed.
• Provide key direction for programs such as annual IT analyst conference, executive relationship programs, strategic consulting sessions, analyst events, and leadership tours.
• Define analyst relations-based goals and measure/report on progress against those goals with an emphasis on results driven from AR activities.
• Perform related communications and/or marketing duties as needed to support the AR role.
• Responsible for upholding Epsilon/Conversant’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
• 4 year college degree required with a focus on Marketing Communication, PR, or Journalism
• Minimum 10 - 15 years of work experience required – preferably with companies that offer a mix of services and technology
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a analyst relations/PR function and a demonstrated success in driving successful analyst relations programs
• Experience in Email Marketing, Data, AdTech and/or Loyalty marketing a plus
• The ability to lead cross functional teams
• Experience working with Gartner and/or Forrester related product and services
• Project management experience preferred
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and collaboration tools