The Director of Advance Application reports directly to the Senior Director of Advancement Information Services. Functions include directing, defining, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures in support of the alumni and donor database (“OASIS” aka Ellucian’s Advance platform) with specific focus on user security and customer compliance with documented policies and procedures related to data security. Maintains a close working relationship with Advancement Learning and Development (AL&D) to ensure that OASIS end user training incorporates current data maintenance policies and procedures. Responsible for informing AL&D of all system modifications that impact Advancement customers and to advise on development of new training materials as needed. Participate in the OASIS change control process with the objective of providing all Advancement customers with an application that incorporates best practices in each respective department while at the same time maintaining system integrity through the implementation of sound and sustainable business processes.
Provide management and directional strategy for all processes related to OASIS application and user security and ensure compliance with data access policies outlined by University Audit. Work closely with Advancement customers to leverage data in OASIS.
Work closely with OASIS team on production support, system upgrades, and implementation of new system functionality and enhancements. Works with the Advance configuration utility to control system settings.
Maintain awareness of issues within the advancement profession, and of the goals and activities of the University of Rochester and its peer institutions. Pursue ongoing professional development through participation in meetings, conferences, and related training opportunities.
Supervise and direct all activities managed by OASIS security administrator. Through weekly staff meetings and daily interaction, ensure the security administrator follows all documented procedures with respect to the collection of OASIS authorization forms and confidentially agreements; managing access to OASIS and related reporting databases and sites such as SharePoint. Define and implement user audit procedures; direct the security administrator in carrying out routine audits to ensure timely activation of new user accounts and termination of old accounts.
Participate in Change Control process by bringing knowledge and expertise of the application to the decision making process. Where needed, facilitate impact analysis of proposed application changes by working with the OASIS IT team.
Design, implement and manage user security within the OASIS application as well as auxiliary applications that interface with OASIS. Through review of business processes and work flow and through consultation with Advancement directors, define security roles for all OASIS customers with the objective of providing access to data appropriate to job responsibilities and business needs, while insuring data access is in alignment with Advancement and University confidentiality policies. Using the Advance configuration utility, test and implement application security.
Drawing on knowledge of the OASIS application and the policies and procedures adopted for its use, serve as an information resource to OASIS customers as well as the OASIS IT support group and OASIS report developers. Meet with institutional customers to address data quality needs or concerns. Make recommendations for additional training, documentation or other adjustments as needed. Attend weekly OASIS team meetings.
Work with Assistant Director of Advancement Systems Education to ensure new processes, enhancements and other modifications to OASIS are properly documented and disseminated to OASIS customers.
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years directly related experience in Advancement database systems and working with internal customers in achieving advancement objectives.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Advance application a plus.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills; ability to manage projects and workflow, using time and resources effectively
- Supervisory experience with both professional and support staff positions
- Respect for donor confidentiality and privacy
- Familiar with general contents of Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act, HIPAA and FERPA.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including the ability to translate end customer’s needs into technical output.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.Ability to deal effectively with customers and to collaborate well with co-workers.
- Some programming knowledge, specifically Structured Query Language (SQL) is highly desired, and proven ability to communicate effectively with IT personnel.
- Proven ability to think strategically with respect to long-term information needs as well as tactically with respect to handling current needs, schedule trade-offs, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.