The Director of Admissions and Outreach (DAO) serves as the admissions, marketing, and outreach director for the individual Fusion campus location. The DAO is both an integral part of the campus family and the school's ambassador to the community. The DAO meets extensively with educational and healthcare professionals in the community, forming new relationships and maintaining existing ones, so that Fusion is part of an extended family of resources and support. The DAO is also the initial point of contact for families inquiring about admission, and a vital contributor to on-campus events and culture. To excel in these dual missions, a DAO must be able to find multiple balances: between numbers and relationships, confidence and vulnerability, connection and autonomy, passion and compassion. Amazing Fusion DAOs are driven, creative and poised. They communicate with great clarity and empathy. They bond with students, families, staff and professionals. They know their audience and tend to impress. They hit targets and touch hearts. If this role sounds like the right sort of adventure for you, please send a letter of interest and your resume.
Here's some of what you'll be doing day to day:
- Promoting Fusion enrollment opportunities and programs to professionals such as therapists, psychiatrists, and educational consultants in the surrounding communities, via cold phone calls, emails and face-to-face visits both on and off campus.
- Developing new relationships with local associations & community-based organizations and maintaining existing relationships with these groups by attending group meetings.
- Creating opportunities to bring visitors onto the Fusion campus.
- Recording and reporting key metrics through use of internal tracking systems.
- Managing a marketing, outreach and admissions budget.
- Coordinating school marketing, public relations and event management.
- Developing an annual community awareness and outreach plan.
- Coordinating a Parent Ambassador Group and organizing Parent Education Meetings.
- 'Owning" the student admissions process, including initial inquiries from parents, campus tours, and ensuring a 'celebrity experience" for the enrolling family.
- Utilizing Social Media outlets to post updates about the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- A background in counseling and/or education - This is an important consideration as all outreach is conducted with professionals in mental health and education consultants.
- School admissions experience
- Proven track record in sales & outreach (therapeutic, clinical, or educational sales & outreach preferred)
- Patience and a problem-solving approach to issues
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook (preferred)
- A strong goal and results orientation
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Persuasive oral and advanced written communication skills
- High customer service focus
- Personal motivation and passion about achieving goals and deadlines
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management System (preferably Salesforce)
- An ability to be understand and report on goals/metrics
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
Job Type: Sales, Education, Marketing
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: 3 to 5 years in sales is ideal. Licensed social work, therapist, counselor experience in mental health field will be considered. Preferably this experience is coupled with sales experience where there is a track record of outward facing roles representing a high quality brand. Marketing a school or addiction program or thereapeuitc program is a plus.