$200K — $250K *
The Director is responsible for the supervision and oversight of multiple admission offices’ operations, including undergraduate, graduate and international application processing, document management and fee processing, while continuously seeking opportunities for and effectively implementing improvements to processes. Overall staffing in Admissions Operations includes approximately 20 full-time staff and several part-time staff, including student workers.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Leads a team of undergraduate, graduate and international operations and processing staff to process applications, mail, and fees properly, efficiently, and accurately while providing leadership and support that follows university and office policies and procedures to meet department and University enrollment goals.
● Leads a team of admissions technology staff to manage, maintain, update, and improve student information systems and software utilized by the admissions staff and other campus partners. Systems and technologies include Banner, Slate, ImageNow, WebAdmit, Perceptive Data Transfer, Constituo and the Common Application.
● Continuously evaluates, considers feedback, and assesses impacts of external factors to policies, procedures, student information system technology, and enrollment goals to ensure operational and strategic needs are met. Implements adjustments to ensure effective and smooth operations, collaborating and communicating with campus partners as necessary.
● In collaboration with Graduate School leadership and staff, ensures staff administer Graduate School admission policies related to graduate applicants.
● Ensures that admissions processing and operations staff are trained on Virginia domicile policy and are properly reviewing domicile on all undergraduate and graduate applications. Consults with the Registrar, as needed.
● In collaboration with the Global Education Office, ensures staff administer academic credentials, financial guarantees, and immigration documents for international applicants, including the issuance of I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status to admitted degree-seeking international applicants.
● Serves as the university data steward for all admissions data, including approving or denying requests for data access.
● Oversees edit functions related to undergraduate, graduate and international applications, ensuring data is accurate for University reporting purposes.
● Leads the implementation of new admissions technology, collaborating with units across the university to ensure successful implementation.
● Develops processes for the use of both internal and third-party application products and auxiliary software. Creates and oversees the development of integration protocols between multiple software products to provide accurate and timely admission application information for review by admission counseling staff for undergraduate applications and for faculty on both campuses and in multiple academic areas for graduate applications.
● Develops, reviews, edits and monitors office policies and procedures.
● Ensures on-going quality staff training and guidance in all current software platforms and processes including changes that are implemented.
● Provides and supports appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
● Works closely with representatives from all academic areas and communicates with them on an ongoing basis regarding their applicants and processing issues.
● Works closely with SEMSS Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure that the Admissions website and other information is current and relevant. Coordinates with SEMSS Communications to draft and send timely communications to prospects and applicants regarding application requirements and status.
● Works with SEMSS colleagues formally and informally to achieve department and division goals.
Minimum Hiring Standards● Master’s degree.
● At least 5 years of experience in enrollment management in a college or university setting.
● At least 3 years of experience managing a team of diverse professionals, preferably in admissions operations, to achieve enrollment goals.
● Experience overseeing large-scale, complex processes.
● Experience with admissions systems and processes.
● Ability to think strategically, analyze critically and respond tactically.
● Proven ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgements on sensitive issues.
● Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication, and strong organizational skills.
● Proficiency in working with spreadsheet and word processing applications, including PowerPoint.
● Ability to take initiative when working independently and work effectively in a team environment.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
Preferred Hiring Standards● Experience with Banner, including managing and extracting data.
● Experience with Slate CRM platform.
● Experience with the Common Application.
● Experience with academic credentials, financial guarantees and immigration paperwork for international students.
● Experience analyzing data to make informed decisions to meet strategic goals for Admissions operations.
● Experience implementing large-scale systems and processes to effectively meet operational and strategic needs.
● Experience or certification in continuous improvement practices such as Six Sigma.
Valid through: 3/26/2021