This dynamic, collaborative, and strategic leader will develop policies and administrative practices that drive the success of the Young School of Nursing (YSON) and ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements. The Director is a key member of the Dean of Nursing's leadership team with responsibility for financial oversight, administrative direction, and academic support for traditional undergraduate and graduate, and online programs. Budgeting, financial management, and reporting are critical functions of this position.
- Provide administrative leadership for YSON; design and oversee operational systems, processes and policies in support of Regis' mission and to ensure compliance with accreditation and other regulatory requirements.
- Efficiently manage the course scheduling process for each semester, reviewing enrollment in collaboration with academic leadership; ensure the course scheduling process meets the needs of YSON students.
- Working with the Dean, YSON colleagues, and the Business Office, develop and oversee the School's annual operating and capital budgets; forecast enrollment, revenues, and expenses for all of the School's programs, including online; assist with financial planning for new programs by designing business plans; create and distribute key financial, enrollment, and performance data to various stakeholders to aid in transparency and decision-making; recommend financial strategies to Dean and others.
- Assist with faculty onboarding; communicate with Human Resources and Payroll regarding background checks, roster updates, faculty contracts, and clinical schedules and payments.
- For traditional and online programs, develop and maintain database for faculty contracts and quickly investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Represent the School on various University committees and task forces.
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement efforts for the YSON to drive administrative effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Organize and preserve YSON records and files in electronic and/or hard copy format.
- Promote and maintain positive University relations with internal and external constituencies.
- Provide administrative team support as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Co-manage Dean's Administrative Assistant.
- Assist in carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the University's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; assist in rewarding and disciplining employees; and assist in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business management or similar field; minimum of five years of experience in administrative or management roles with substantial financial responsibility, preferably in an academic setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to uphold the University's commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- Must be an effective written and verbal communicator and able to develop strong working relationships and build consensus with and among a diverse constituency including faculty, staff, students, accreditors, and other University stakeholders.
- Strong record of accomplishment in financial management including budgeting, forecasting, data management, reporting, and strategic planning.
- Ability to work independently, to problem solve, and to analyze complex issues and demonstrate sound judgement and integrity.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities; consistent track record of adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, One Drive, Outlook and database management.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in noise, odors, etc.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.