A bit about us: while most retailers only want you to buy what they’re selling, the Grommet is focused on helping people discover things worth buying. Through our e-commerce shop and wholesale business, we shine a light on great new products from small businesses and help them compete with the big guys, so that the best ideas win.
The ideal person for this role: You’re a data nerd. You love numbers and metrics, and are obsessed with driving performance—so much that you’ve been known to look at results first thing when you wake up, and the last thing before you go to bed. You’re never satisfied with status quo and always striving for new and better ways to drive more growth, for less money. Even though you’re extremely analytical, you’re also a creative thinker with a strong appreciation for brand and how it helps make performance media work harder. You think about the entire customer journey and how to improve the overall user experience from end to end to achieve lower cost per acquisition and higher lifetime value.
What will you do? As the Director of Acquisition Marketing, you will be responsible for meeting our customer acquisition, subscriber acquisition, new customer revenue, and efficiency goals. In this role, you will lead a talented team of analysts while partnering with our CRM team, product marketers, merchandisers, content producers, and designers to deliver high-quality new customers and optimize efficiency.
This position will report to our: Chief Marketing Officer
- Develop and implement B2C and B2B acquisition strategies across online and offline channels to meet customer and subscriber growth, lead generation, revenue and ROI goals. Channels include but not limited to: social ads, search engine marketing, shopping feeds, SEO, display, video, native, affiliate marketing, and direct mail.
- Lead forecasting and budget management for all acquisition marketing channels.
- Partner with the CRM and business intelligence teams to identify attributes of our most profitable customers and develop strategies to acquire customers like them.
- Manage and mentor a team of 2-3 acquisition marketing specialists.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and design to optimize conversion rates at every step of the acquisition funnel.
- Partner with the Wholesale and Content Teams to develop and implement lead generation strategies to drive high-quality B2B leads.
- Measure and report appropriate KPIs and regularly share results and insights.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and keep the Marketing Team, key stakeholders and management informed of their potential implications.
- Continually evaluate, recommend, and test full spectrum of performance media channels, partners, and emerging platforms.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An experienced acquisition marketing leader with 8+ years in digital performance media, including paid social mediachannels, paid search, data feed management, SEO, programmatic display, video advertising, and affiliate marketing.
- 3+ years in a marketing leadership role, with proven results delivering customer and revenue growth while hitting ROI targets.
- Experience developing and managing high-performing teams. You set aggressive, achievable goals and inspire team members to deliver against them.
- Ability to think strategically, while also rolling-up your sleeves to be hands-on in day-to-day tasks.
- Highly skilled at analyzing and interpreting data and distilling it to solve problems and give actionable recommendations.
- Extensive experienceworking with web analytics, A/B testing tools, campaign management platforms, 3rd party ad servers, tag management solutions, and DSPs.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and multi-dimensional data set analysis tools. Proficiency in SQL is required; experience with Python is a plus.
- Strong communication skills; ability to use data and informed reasoning to persuade others and influence outcomes, while also remaining open to others’ ideas.
- Ability to multi-task with ease in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Prior retailexperience a strong plus.
SOME OF THE GOOD STUFF
Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here.