Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision and staff development of Accounting professionals including periodic reviews and team building.
- Financial reporting and analysis to internal clients including Corporate Accounting, Senior Management and Operations as well as the monthly and quarterly Club financial packages.
- Oversee the Corporate and Club budgeting and forecasting process.
- Continually improve the Club Accounting process, including consistently analyzing processes and procedures to maintain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the external audits for the Club and HOAs.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment where a daily “open items” list may change based upon needs of management.
- Strong initiative, flexibility, and the ability to thrive in a deadline oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate decisions and recommendations to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft
- Strong PC skills specifically with Microsoft Excel and MS Office.
- 10+ years of Accounting experience including general ledger analysis and P&L and reconciliation analysis.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team. Hospitality background a plus
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide’s (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the company develops and operates an expansive portfolio of resorts, managing comprehensive vacation ownership sales, marketing, and consumer financing operations. The company’s seven primary consumer brands include: CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark® by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM® ASIA, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASILSM. As of December 31, 2016, the company has developed or acquired 219 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America and the South Pacific that represent approximately 25,000 individual vacation ownership units and nearly 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is supported by approximately 18,000 associates worldwide.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.1804150