The Director, SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and SOX is a key role with overall accountability and responsibility for all aspects of the SEC reporting, technical accounting and SOX at Ardelyx. The incumbent will coordinate and prepare all SEC Filings, research and write technical accounting memos and built the infrastructure, processes and controls to be Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant. This position reports directly to the Controller.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of quarterly reports(10-Qs), annual reports (10-Ks) and other forms of SEC financialreports, quarterly earnings releases, financial presentations and scripts; work closely with the Legal group to ensure timely filing with SEC
- Work cross-functionally both within finance and across the company and with other stakeholders, including the external auditors, to ensure financialreporting-related deliverables are completed in a timely manner
- Manage the SOX implementation at Ardelyx, built the processes and controls to be SOX compliant within the next 12 to 24months
- Responsible for the calculation of stock-based compensation and earnings per share for both historical and forecast scenarios
- Provide guidance to operational finance teams to ensure significant transactions are properly disclosed
- Monitor significant corporate events, including significant contracts, and ensure proper and timely disclosure. Perform contract reviews as necessary, documenting all accounting issues and the appropriate accounting treatment
- Provide technical accounting guidance including monitoring and implementation of new accounting pronouncements applicable to Ardelyx. Research issues and writing/reviewing memos and documentation
- Review, maintain and improve the Company's Corporate Policies and Procedures, and ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- CPArequired, preferably with life science industry experience; 5 plus years of SEC experience
- 3years in a public company in a role that included management of financialreporting and SEC reporting
- SOXexperience at a public company required
- Substantial experience in and working knowledge of authoritative GAAP accounting including composition of memos involving technical accounting and related research
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and complex team environment
- Team player, self-motivated individual who can work independently; results-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a member of the Ardelyx team, you will help develop therapeutics that are designed to act in the gastrointestinal tract with minimal systemic exposure. Our drug candidates target important diseases and conditions. We are developing novel therapeutic agents that address unmet medical needs, with a gastrointestinal and cardio-renal focus.
We are seeking the best in class scientists, advanced thinkers, and people who thrive on collaboration to co-create the future. You will be working with some of the industry's best scientists in a team environment focused on world class research. Ardelyx offers a competitive total rewards package, perks and an innovative and dynamic culture.
Ardelyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.