Full timeFinanceCedar Rapids,Plano,Denver,BaltimoreTransamerica
Responsible for directing the preparation of accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations aligned to the financial objectives and strategic direction of the organization. Responsible for the integrity of accounting and/or financialreporting information.
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for the integrity of accounting and/or financialreporting information. Directing the preparation of accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations aligned to the financial objectives and strategic direction of the organization.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our customer needs. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on the Employee Experience and how this enables us to engage, retain and develop our employees,
What Success Looks Like:
- Manage resources across multiple projects and teams to achieve performance standards; develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; mentor, train, and share high level knowledge.
- Direct and ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounting and/or financialreporting information within the organization.
- May authorize and/or approve legal, regulatory, or company documents.
- Review written analysis to propose recommendations to senior management for decision making.
- Partner with internal/external contacts to ensure accounting matters are appropriately resolved.
- Understand and apply technical accounting concepts for multiple bases of accounting.
- Drive the development of financialreports and complex models for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Lead and drive the adherence and alignment to the Company's framework of internal controls.
- Oversee management staff providing hiring, direction, coaching, and training of staff. Complete performance appraisals and evaluates overall performance of team.
- Strategically align staff goals with business priorities and objectives.
- Collaborate effectively to provide input on organizational strategy and policy while managing risks.
- Develop strategic direction for the department/business unit. Responsible for departmental budget.
- Embody a culture of accountability, innovation, teamwork, and customer centricity.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Generally 12+ years of experience, primarily in the insurance, financial services, or investment management industry
- Demonstrated management/leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of applicable accounting and business areas