Are you passionate about delegating tasks, meeting deadlines, and facilitating Accounting within a Property Management Company? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Premier Talent Partners is seeking a Director of Accounting to join our Property Management client in Hayward, Ca. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the accounting functions for the company. The Director of Accounting will be based in the Corporate Office and, in general, operate an 8am – 5pm schedule, Monday through Friday.
PLEASE NOTE: During the application process, you will be required to create a profile in Premier's talent platform. Once your profile has been reviewed, you will be matched with specific jobs.
- Supervise Accounting Department including Accounts Payable Coordinator, Staff Accountant, and Administrative Coordinator
- Conduct hiring, terminations, and performance reviews of accounting staff
- Train and counsel accounting staff to be sure that proper accounting procedures are maintained
- Full responsibility for General Ledger and Financial Reporting for 36 entities
- Reconcile and adjust posting from A/P and Payroll
- Post journal entries
- Review and correct General Ledgers at month-end
- Manage year-end closing and preparation of entities for tax accountant
- Post CPA’s final journal entries
- Caretaker of all banking relationships, loans, insurance, and investments
- Keep records of inter-entity and inter-family loans
- Preparation of monthly distributions to owners
- Maintain accounting of Capital Expense Reserves
- File county Business Taxes
- Facilitate preparation of Property Tax payments
- Sending of Unclaimed Asset reports and payments to the State
- Act as the main point of contact for internal accounting systems
- Function as an administrator to add and modify user records and passwords
- Help users with issues and errors/take additional steps to escalate issues
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field is required
- Minimum 4 years in Property Management accounting experience
- Proven work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to delegate, direct, and supervise
- SOFTWARE SKILLS: Must be highly experienced in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel and fluent in Yardi
Premier Talent Partners is a recruitment firm specializing in the areas of contract/temp, temp-perm, permanent, and payrolling needs across all industries, supporting equitable hiring nationwide.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.