We are working with a NFP with several regional schools and they are looking for a Director of Accounting
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all reporting by managing all accounting functions including maintenance of the general ledger and project accounting.
- Supervise accounting staff to ensure the implementation of the monthly, quarterly and year end processes.
- Communicate to the schools accurate financial information on a monthly basis.
- Act as liaison between external accountants for the year-end audit. Ensure that proper and accurate financial information and records are provided to the auditors on a timely basis to meet the auditreporting deadline.
- Prepare the year-end financial statements and notes to the financial statements.
- Keep up to date with changes in accounting standards, and communicate this with the staff.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on the performance of the accounting staff throughout the year.
- A degree in Accounting
- 5-8years of public accounting experience
- Proven managerial experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Lawson