At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and thepursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
As an Accounting Director for Bozzuto Management Company, you will be responsible for the management of a team of Accounting Managers and Staff as well as oversight of all aspects offinance and accounting with respect to the BMC Portfolio of Properties including, but not limited to: monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, analysis, and annual budget preparation. The position requires close coordination and collaboration with BMC Operations, Peers, Ownership Groups and the ability to lead a large tactical team of at least 20 accountants. You will have direct responsibility for a team of employees consisting of Managers, Seniors, Project Accountants and Accounting Associates. Strong leadership and management skills are essential.
As the Director of Accounting, your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise employees to include, but not limited to: Staff direction; recruitment, hiring, training, discipline, coaching, developing and performance management. Along withensuring the monthly reporting of financial results for properties are accurate and timely.
- Review financial policies and procedures, and make recommendations to improve inefficiencies. Areas include, but are not limited to: month-end closing cycle, financial report production cycle, accounts payable management, accounts receivable management, and exploitation of various technology resources.
- Assist the VP of Accounting with process improvement for the department
- Work closely with the Operations group to ensure ownership group’s expectations being maintained.
- Full responsibility for the accounting and reporting of the financial position and monetary results of property/entity operations. Provide financial reporting support to leadership and management teams.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are in compliance with applicable GAAP and tax regulations, as appropriate, or in compliance with Owner Directives.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecast updates. Fully support the revenue, expense, and fixed cost budget planning and forecasting by working closelywith the operations team. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the budget and forecasting processes.
- Manage the workflow of year-end audits and tax return deadlines in coordination with internal accounting teams, auditors, tax professionals, and Ownership Groups including drafts reviews and finals.
- Ensure that business licenses, personal property tax returns, real estate tax information requests, and any and all other regulatory filings or industry surveys are completed accurately and filed timely with the appropriate jurisdiction or entity.
- Ensure compliance with Management Agreements, Loan Documents, Partnership Agreements, Governmental Agencies, etc
- Analyze monthly financial results and make recommendations to improve profitability through examination of contracts, payment arrangements, and any and all financial transactions
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to Us:
- Four-year Accounting or Finance Degree.
- Certified Public Accountant or related Graduate Degree.
- Seven years of Managerial/Supervisory experience.
- Seven years of Real Estate experience, with residential and retail/commercial
- Three years of experience as Assistant Controller/ Director or similar role.
- Two years of Public Accounting experience and or experience working for a publicly traded real estate company
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, peers, senior management and clients
- Ability to meet multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with Yardi and/ or other Accounting Software, along with strong Excel skills.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.