GlassPoint Solar is the leading supplier of solar to the oil and gas industry. The global oil and gas industry consumes an amount of energy equal to 10% of its own production, making it one of the biggest markets for renewable energy. Operating worldwide from the Middle East to California, GlassPoint’s enclosed trough technology delivers the lowest cost energy to power oilfield operations. By harnessing sunshine, instead of burning natural gas or other fuels, GlassPoint helps oil producers reduce operating expenses while significantly cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
GlassPoint is the right place to be and now is the right time to join us and be part of our spectacular growth and success. We're looking for the best and the brightest 'A' players who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
The Director of Accounting is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities. The Director of Accounting is also expected to make recommendations to the VP of Global Finance for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position must meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, consolidation and financial reporting. This position plays a critical role in supervising various accounting functions including general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, consolidations, taxes and stock accounting along with assisting in the preparation of financial reports. This role will have 4-5 direct reports.
- Manage the monthly close process for US and consolidate results of international entities including calendar, reconciliations and monthly management close meetings.
- Ensure monthly close process adheres to the corporate calendar deadlines and manage communication and coordination across all stakeholders to ensure timely deliverables.
- Provide assistance in preparation of consolidation monthly close packages for accuracy and adherence to US GAAP and company policies.
- Consolidate international reporting packages and consolidated financial results in-line with US GAAP.
- Provide assistance and coordination to outsourced tax provision and tax compliance advisors to ensure quarterly tax provision accounting is supported efficiently and tax compliance activities (federal and state return preparation) are supported efficiently.
- Provide assistance and coordination with external auditors to ensure and annual audits are supported efficiently via preparation of PBC schedules and requested auditor analyses.
- Drive continuously to improve the accounting and reporting process.
- Lead the general accounting team to build and develop capabilities to meet the demands of this growing company and support the overall organization.
- Identify and recommend procedural changes and enhancements to the Accounting procedures.
- Able to identify accounting issues that require accounting research, and ensure that accounting is in accordance with US GAAP.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the VP Global Finance.
- Work with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Only candidates currently authorized to work in United States will be considered
- Education: CPA or Chartered Accountant required. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 10-12 years of accounting experience in a multi-national company, with recent experience of at least 2 years in a role of Director, Sr. Manager or Asst. Corporate Controller required. Big four experience a plus
- Experience in fast growing companies preferred, public company experience is a plus
- Experience in a technology company and/or large scale solar company preferred
- Experience and proven ability to manage accounting staff and ensure that accounting is as per US GAAP
- Hands on-experience in accounting function managing a team of 5+ direct reports
- Consolidation experience a plus
- Ability to coordinate and work with different international finance teams and stake holders
- Ability to work independently across time zones, multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate complex financial matters simply and clearly to top management and outside counterparties
- Technical proficiency with one or more corporate financial/enterprise software packages. SAP experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and competency with Word and PowerPoint required
- Experience in technology, construction, and utility industries desirable