The Opportunity: Director of Accounting
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance of our Sensors and Controls business, you will be accountable for managing the day to day activities of the financial accounting, financial reporting, audit, cost accounting and government accounting for the entire Sensors and Controls Division.
The primary focus will be that of financial analysis, financial reporting, internal controls, audit focal, and reporting as they relate to the data that drives operations, the reporting of manufacturing variances, making improvements to processes, and completing projects as requested.
As an accounting leader within the organization, this newly created role will be heavily involved with managing and driving projects that bring best practices and consistency in the financial and cost accounting function across all the Sensors and Controls sites.
Travel (25%) will be required for the position.
- Responsibility for all financial accounting and reporting
- Working within a cross functional, matrix organization providing support, leadership, and guidance accounting and finance
- Financial management/oversight of large projects
- Selecting, developing, and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the group
- Managing the weekly operations reporting which involves helping stakeholders to understand their data and identify potential issues early
- Presenting monthly financials accurately and timely in accordance with established Corporate deadlines
- Acting as the leader for both external and internal audits, respond to auditor requests, and be able to manage the proper resources required to successfully complete the audit. Including leading any government (DCAA/DCMA) audits.
- Ensuring proper controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). Be able to address and close out any gaps in internal controls
- Acting as the company's Finance Liaison with external customers and Defense agencies (DCAA / DCMA) during fact-findings and audits.
- Working with transactional level accounting and providing guidance on any process improvements
- Providing various levels of Gross Profit analysis and trending to the sites
- Cost Accounting leader for the entire Sensors and Controls group bringing best practices and implementing consistent processes
- Monitoring costs through reporting analysis of cost and inventory data
- Monitor control procedures surrounding key costing files (Work Centers, Product codes, Departments, Employees, Item Costs, Bills of Material, Routings)
- Participating as part of the bid and proposal team to support accurate costing data
- Developing Forward Pricing Rates for Bid & Proposal Costing in accordance with CAS and FAR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA with public accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience in Aerospace or/and Defense Manufacturing as a Manager or above
- Strong knowledge of and experience in cost and pricing data requirements under government accounting (FAR, CAS, DCAA) are also preferred for this position.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and the application of such to the business
- Strong financial reporting experience with public companies
- Proven experience managing multiple sites including international experience and direct management experince
- Superior interpersonal skills, decision-making, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong team building and training skills
- Adaptable to change and willingness to learn and handle new or evolving assignments in a fast paced environment.