Our Finance division is looking for a Director of Accounting! This role will ensure accuracy and integrity of the accounting systems and processes, maintain compliance with accounting policies and procedures including GAAP. This role will have oversight of the accounting team, Inventory control, cost accounting, financialreporting, fixed assets accounting, the external audit to maximize the proper utilization of the Company’s various accounting and financialreporting systems.
- Minimum Masters in Accounting or MBA with relevant experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5-8years of relevant business experience within finance and accounting, including 5 or more years of experience managing a team-5-8+ years of experience at the Corporate level
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with SAP, BPC Financial Reporting a must
- Superior Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel)
- Possess excellent communication skills, including written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity arriving at sound business conclusions
- Requires strong leadership and diplomacy skills to guide teams and facilitate collaboration
- Must have mental capacity to troubleshoot and solve problems of high complexity or difficulty
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financialreporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items) and royalty management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinates and oversees activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties.
- Serves as the local resource for all internal controls questions regarding methodology .
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This currently entails a real-time review of each instrument order and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with
- Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financialreports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and otherreporting requirements.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State taxreporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and otherreports required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountants and cost accounting roles.
- Other duties as needed.