Who We Are
Driving Innovation. Together.
A part of a bright future tied to a proud past.
As part of the Toyota family of companies, Toyota Industries Commercial Finance (TICF) creates extraordinary customer experiences through our Brand Promise to be the partner of choice in the commercial finance industry.
Since 1985, TICF has offered an extensive line of commercial financing programs for Toyota forklifts and Hino trucks through our network of Toyota Industrial Equipment and Hino Motor Sales dealers to their customers. Our people-focused team of professionals are constantly striving to provide always better solutions. Because of that we have experienced substantial growth and evolution. We are a new organization with a proud legacy. Are you interested in becoming part of it?
TICF Vision Statement: To be the premier captive finance company that champions Toyota Industries Corporation, Hino Motors and dealers' prosperity.
TICF Mission Statement: Provide financial solutions to sell Toyota Industries, HINO Motors & Dealer products
What You'll Do: Major Accountabilities
As a key member of the financial management team, the Accounting and Tax Director will report to the Executive Vice President and assume a leadership role in the overall management of accounting and tax. The Director will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, leading, organizing and controlling all accounting and tax related activities of the company.
Build, train and lead a high-performance team with the skills and backgrounds necessary to excel in the following areas:
- Accounting - Ensure the accuracy of the financial records and reports. Maintain the credibility of the accounting function. Close financials in a timely and efficient fashion. Maintain productive relationships with internal and external auditors. Ensure the company receives cleanauditreports. Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards. Maintain an up-to-the-minute knowledge of accounting regulations. Ensure compliance with GAAP and federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Ensure compliance with IFRS for consolidated reporting purposes.
- Reporting - Prepare and file timely and accurate reports to satisfy requirements of state and federal regulators, investment partners, shareholders, board of directors, etc. Develop credible and accurate budgets and forecasts.
- Compliance - Ensure the accounting and finance functions at all times are in full compliance with state, federal and local regulatory requirements. Maintain an up-to-the-minute knowledge of state, federal and local regulatory requirements.
- Corporate Tax -- Ensure compliance with income (Federal, State, Local and Foreign Income Tax), Sales and proper taxes. Develop tax strategies and advise senior manage on implications of various business decisions. Provide tax guidance to TCF Leadership Team on tax impact of current and prospective business endeavors in determining the tax impact of operational initiatives. Participate in meetings and projects that involve business operations. Assess impact of business operation and transactions on tax compliance. Advise Senior Management of potential tax strategies with respect to current and prospective business opportunities.
- Provide effective financial leadership for the company. Participate in the development and evaluation of short and long-term financial and strategic objectives. Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management, board members and shareholder so as to incorporate their perspectives when devising business solutions. Liaise with internal and external auditors and other business partners. Serve on various committees including Asset/Liability Committee, Enterprise Risk Committee and Executive Leadership Committee. Recruit, train and retain talented associates. Drive associate development and engagement.
Who You Are: Experience, Training & Education
BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
15+ years financial leadership, preferably in banking or a federally regulated financial institution
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remotelocations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work in quantitative environment
- Unimpeachable integrity. Dependability, with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and familiarity with Excel and SAP.
Turn Toward Great Benefits
- Work/Life (flextime, 9/80 work schedules offered where applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle lease and purchase program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (plus more)
- Generously matched 401(k)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for growth