As leader of a 5-6 member team, this position is responsible for providing information and support to over 100 properties generating $1 billion in revenue and ensuring the production of timely and accurate financial statements. The director is responsible for HHM month end closings, financialreporting, consolidations, budgets, and forecasting. This role reports to the Vice President of Accounting and Shared Services and will work closely with the senior management team and external auditors.
Potential Career Path
Senior Director of Accounting and Shared Services – Vice President of Accounting and Shared Services
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and supportassociates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Manage the activities of the Shared Services team to ensure accurate financial information and appropriate support is provided to the regional accounting teams.
- Oversee the Shared Services accounting and internal control functions, which include, but are not limited to, transactions associated with cash, accounts receivable, payroll, and benefits.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements.
- Oversee the accounting and reporting associated with joint ventures and related consolidations.
- Coordinate the management of GL maintenance and related reporting to ensure proper financial statement mapping and presentation.
- Assist in the review of cash positions for each property and ensure timely communicate of issues to management team.
- Coordinate the banking and credit card administration and activities for properties under management.
- Assist accounting management team in the establishment, coordination and administration of internal control procedures/policies prescribed in the HHMLP Accounting Policies and Procedure Manual and the Narratives.
- Assist with both internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely and accurate responses to information requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance and satisfaction of all government, company, franchise and ownership requirements throughout job performance.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Accounting, plus five years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experiencerequired.
- Prior hotel experiencepreferred, but not required.
- CPA license required.
- Prior experience working in a centralized accounting department that supports multiple units/sites is strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires sitting for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate computers and keyboards.
- Occasional travelrequired.