The Director of Account Management maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention, and continued growth in the “wallet share” of assigned accounts. This position represents the entire range of service offerings to assigned accounts, while orchestrating NFI resources to ensure assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met. This role develops and maintains account-specific strategies for assigned accounts, and takes an active role in implementing Customer Engagement strategy at the enterprise level
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages a number of medium to large sized accounts deemed strategically important.
- Primary day to day account contact between NFI and assigned accounts as necessary.
- Manages, plans, organizes and leads continued account planning and customer satisfaction on a long-term / strategic multi-year focus.
- Resolves customer questions and concerns through the delegation and engagement of necessary NFI resources.
- Manages the progress of open issues and projects to ensure timely resolution and completion.
- Coordinates the engagement of NFI personnel, including sales, operations, finance and others in order to deliver expected performance. Organize meetings and updates as appropriate.
- Achieve assigned strategic customer objectives.
- Lead a joint company strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance and cost objectives. Create and monitor dashboard to track performance vs. plan.
- Continually identify customer needs and concerns and earning customer confidence through building a partnership relationship rather than a transactional relationship.
- Builds network of both operational and executive relationships and establishes productive, professional relationships.
- Coordinates all strategic meetings with customer(s) and NFI including, bi-weekly updates/reporting, monthly performance reviews, Customer Business Reviews (CBRs) and Top to Tops.
- Implement account coverage methodologies that ensure 100% renewal rates for accounts.
- Identify and report “at risk” accounts and escalates to management; engages appropriate resources to prepare and execute “at risk” plan.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Account Management
- Enlists the support of functional business owners as needed
- Closely coordinates NFI executive involvement with customer management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5-10 years in supply chain management with a focus on distribution and fleet disciplines.
- Prior experience managing complex, key accounts with minimal support strongly preferred.
- Ability to work as a valued member of a team and establish effective relationships.
- Ability to multi-task effectively regarding multiple account issues needing resolution.
- Can lead conference calls between customer and NFI, perform presentations, and deliver results.
- Proven successful communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the principles of Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence all levels of an organization.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.