This position is responsible for providing direction and support in the area of academic quality on behalf of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA). Walden University is an accredited institution committed to quality higher education, positive social change, and broad access through distance learning. We offer degrees at a distance in education, management and technology, health sciences, social and behavioral sciences, business administration and information systems. This position is located at Walden's administrative headquarters in Minneapolis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide coordination and support to programs in the academic program review process.
- Provide coordination and support to academic departments in the co-curricular review process.
- Serve as the office liaison to support university specialized accreditation efforts, including completion of accreditation-related annual surveys/updates.
- Advise the office in supporting regional accreditation and regulatory reporting.
- Manage annual university satisfaction surveys to current students, faculty, graduates, alumni, and employers.
- Work with the Executive Director in meeting the goals of the Office of Institutional Research & Assessment.
- Promote the Office of Institutional Research & Assessment through working with other leaders on collaborative tasks.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
- Supervise 2 Research Analyst positions and possible intern.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Doctoral degree with at least three years of experience in higher education required.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research methods required.
- Experience in academic quality improvement at the undergraduate and graduate levels required.
- Experience Student Information Systems, data retrieval tools, and relational databases preferred.
- Experience with programmatic and regional accreditation preferred. In particular, HLC, CCNE, ABET, ACBSP, CSWE, CAEP, CACREP, and PMI.