Medical Director careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)Primary Responsibilities:
- Work with doctors, engineers, and other specialists to design and implement safety programs and policies
- Inspect workplaces, including virtual inspection, for worker safety and proper adherence to policies
- Examine equipment and machinery specifications and use in non-traditional environments.
- Coordinate with experts and teams to assure that lighting, ventilation, temperature-control, and other systems are functioning correctly where the remote teams work
- Recommend changes, upgrades, and alterations to equipment and procedures, and/or infrastructure for worker safety
- Create and provide health and safety program training, with the training teams, to educate and train workers about procedures and protocols
- Prepare and present health and safety data, statistics, plans, and status to functional business leaders and senior leadership teams for updates, decisions, and actions
- Ensure with the Distribution Operations Center, and on location, that hazardous materials are inventoried and securely handled, stored, and transported
- Design and implement hygiene and infection control programs concerned with preventing the spread of contagious diseases
- Develop plans to manage asbestos and other hazardous materials that may be present
- Make sure workplaces are equipped with firefighting equipment, first-aid supplies, and other emergency items
- Investigate accidents and health problems to determine their cause
- Draft or revise facilities' and organization emergency-response plans
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required in health care, includes occupational health
- 3+ year experience working in and managing occupational health or a worker safety program
- Able to work extended hours when required
- Able to travel 30% of the time, when it is safe with COVID
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to review and assimilate data and provide recommendations
- Problem-solving and innovative solution skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700 (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: director, occupational health and safety, telecommute