The Director of Occupancy and Space Management is responsible for the management and efficient utilization of space across the Children’s real estate portfolio. This role has direct oversight and development of staff responsible for occupancy management, space database administration, CAD/CAFM systems, move/add/change (MAC) management, interior design, space planning, furniture coordination and leased real estate documentation and services. This role reports to Sr. Director, Planning, Design & Construction (PD&C).
- Provide strategic and tactical occupancy management and space planning solutions that meet the goals and objectives of Children’s and its internal clients.
- Develop occupancy management and space planning tools, processes, and solutions to support near and long term occupancy strategies and maximize the utilization of Children’s real estate.
- Build and manage space planning tools to collect occupancy data, forecast needs, report performance metrics, and provide occupancy scenario planning.
- Provide research, analysis, reporting, and interpretation of occupancy metrics; provide recommendations and proposed solutions to address occupancy needs.
- Develop master plans and road maps to solve for core occupancy needs over time.
- Implement office and space management strategies and tools including office and seating allocations, space optimization strategies, furniture reconfigurations, small and large moves, parking, CAFM systems and reporting, and other similar functions.
- Evaluate incoming workplace requests to support team in preparing tactical programming and plans for specific projects. Ensure space requests align with Children’s standards.
- Gather high level programming needs from internal clients and develop project requirements.
- Provide leadership and end-to-end accountability in the coordination and management of moves and occupancy data updates.
- Manage move requests and maintain occupancy information and space utilization.
- Provide portfolio information to support monthly business reviews, benchmarking initiatives, system requirements and ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with the team to ensure accuracy of occupancy data within the system of record.
- Oversee leased real estate department staff in the solicitation, contracting, and maintenance of all leased property documentation, taxes and budgeting.
- Oversee the management services/contract services for all leased holdings outside of our inpatient facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or other related field
- No professional certifications required
- 10+ years of experience in occupancy management and space planning functions, including at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Experience leading, mentoring, coaching, and developing teams
- Experience with space management technology solutions such as Archibus, Manhattan, Webcore, Planon, Accruent, or other integrated workplace management system (IWMS) solutions
- Experience with CAD and CAFM related systems such as AutoCAD and BIM