$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Omaha, NE 68101
Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
5 - 7 years
Posted 51 days ago
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 14 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities, more than 150 employed physician practice locations and more than 12,000 employees in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa.
In fiscal 2018, CHI Health invested more than $179.3 million back into our communities. The majority of those dollars went to caring for the poor and underserved.
CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs.
Directs operations, finances and associates within the Food & Nutrition Department. Maintains effective relationships. Complies with policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of the department. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local accrediting agency standards and regulations. Functions in such a way to live out the Mission and Values of the organization.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
2. Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
3. Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
4. Manage performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
5. Responsible for the development, integration, coordination, and ongoing supportfor all kitchen operations and preparation, tray-line service, dietary consults, and purchasing/stocking of food at their primary site and supporting these functions system-wide.
6. Responsible for assuring appropriate management practices, maintenance of appropriate staffing levels competency assessment, staff orientation, ongoing education and development in all areas of responsibility.
7. Develops monitors and responds to a full range of financial, service and quality indicators in all areas of responsibility.
8. Develops and manages capital and operational budgets in support of strategic plans and goals.
Minimum 3 years of management experience in a healthcare environment.
Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in Food Service Operations.
Bachelor's Degree in related discipline; Master's Degree strongly preferred.
Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) is required within 18 months of employment.
ServSafe Certification is required upon hire.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess strong knowledge of Food and Nutrition Services, strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards; strong project management skills; good communication skills; good strategic planning skills; strong change management skills; must demonstrate personal traits of a highlevel of motivation; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
Valid Through: 2019-9-22