Not Specified years
Posted 30 days ago
Job Summary / Purpose
Directs operations, finances and associates within the Food & Nutrition Department. Maintains effective relationships. Complies with policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of the department. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local accrediting agency standards and regulations. Functions in such a way to live out the Mission and Values of the organization.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
2. Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
3. Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
4. Manage performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
5. Responsible for the development, integration, coordination, and ongoing support for all kitchen operations and preparation, trayline service, dietary consults, and purchasing/stocking of food at their primary site and supporting these functions system-wide.
6. Responsible for assuring appropriate management practices, maintenance of appropriate staffing levels competency assessment, staff orientation, ongoing education and development in all areas of responsibility.
7. Develops monitors and responds to a full range of financial, service and quality indicators in all areas of responsibility.
8. Develops and manages capital and operational budgets in support of strategic plans and goals.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in related discipline. Master's degree strongly preferred
Required Licensure and Certifications: Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) is required within 18 months of employment.
ServSafe Certification is required upon hire.
Must possess strongknowledge of Food and Nutrition Services, strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards; strong project management skills; good communication skills; good strategic planning skills; strong change management skills; must demonstrate personal traits of a high level of motivation; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.