- Registered Nurse
- Master's Degree in Nursing PLUS Doctorate Degree program in nursing, education, or a related field
- Seven years' experience in a health care setting.
- Three years experience with clinical/nursing research.
- Experience with data through by data base, spreadsheet, graphics, and statistics software.
- Development of nursing research programs/curricula.
- Experience in clinical research/nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of federal regulations to protect human subjects and research ethics.
- Good skills in written and oral research dissemination and utilization of research findings.
- Knowledge of research processes.
- Strong human relations, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Presentation and group facilitating skills.
- Computer knowledge.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Current Illinois RN Licensure
- Ability to recognize the needs and behaviors of specific age groups of patients.
- Resiliency and flexibility to deal with a changing environment.
- Ability to travel to various Advocate Health Care facilities.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
Job Description The System Director of Nursing Research and Evidenced~Based practice is responsible for oversight of strategic initiatives for evidence based practice and nursing research to promote the delivery of quality patient care and improved patient outcomes. Serves as a leader, mentor and role model to facilitate the design and implementation of efforts to engage nurses in research activities and ensure that nurses view research as a critical component of nursing practice. Key activities will include the identification of nursing practice issues requiring investigation, fostering collaboration with other health team members, exploring research funding opportunities, and dissemination of nursing research findings to the lay public, other clinicians and the scientific community. This role is also accountable for the development of programs to educate, support and enhance research related knowledge of nursing associates and seeks to advance evidenced based practice through multi~center collaboration and with academic partners. Will work in partnership with the AHC Department of Research. Accountabilities: Provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of evidence based practice and nursing research strategic plan across AHC. Facilitates communication of and interpretation of evidence~based knowledge into clinical practice and education. Provides direction and mentorship to nurses in research and professional development activities. Participates in the needs assessment, planning, and development of educational programs for nursing personnel. Participates in the assessment, planning and development of funding mechanisms for nursing research and evidence based practice.
Job ID: 90884