WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees. Want to learn more?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Director plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the educational and training activities, and administrative activities, including fiscal, material, and human resource management. The Director directs and integrates nursing professional development throughout the hospital and clinics. The Director collaborates with nursing and organizational management to implement educational goals, and maintain open communication with all staff and the administrative team to promote improvement in performance.
- Collaborates with System Nursing Professional Development to conduct formal and informal needs assessments annually which identify educational goals and objectives.
- Initiates and maintains effective, open communication with the OMC New Orleans nursing management team.
- Initiates, supports, and facilitates change within the professional setting, congruent with institutional goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with executive leadership in developing and managing budgets within areas of responsibility.
- Identifies continuing education needs using a variety of assessment methods including, but not limited to, written documentation, observation, Performance Improvement activities, evaluation and implementation of new products.
- Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the Louisiana Nurse Practice Act, ANA standards of Clinical Nursing Practice, and Ochsner Health System's mission.
- Maintains appropriate quality control programs and the documentation of results.
- Supports the leadership team in efforts aimed at customer service by recognizing and responding appropriately to verbal and nonverbal communication.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Required - Master's degree in Nursing, Education or related field
- Required - 5 years of Clinical nurseexperience and two years of educationexperience.
- Three years of experience in a hospital environment as a manager, supervisor or charge nurse. Experience with management principles and practices including performance improvement. Experience working independently. Sound knowledge of nursing practice. Experience managing priorities and projects involving multiple constituencies.
- Required - Current State of Louisiana RN license Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Preferred- Certifications in specialty area
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Good judgment in handling difficult situations, good organizational and time management skills.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
Jefferson Highway – When Alton Ochsner and four colleagues opened New Orleans’ first multi-specialty group practice in 1942, they envisioned providing residents of the city with the highest quality medical care delivered with an unwavering attention to the needs of patients. That vision still resonates today. Located near uptown New Orleans, Ochsner Medical Center is the original hospital and home to acute and sub-acute facilities; centers of excellence Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute and many of academic programs. With over 500 beds, this site highly regarded by the community and offers the opportunity to learn and provide patient care at a Magnet facility all the while gaining exposure to complex medical cases. This campus is also one of six training sites in the world for robotic surgery and is nationally-renown for quality care.
WHO WE ARE
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 29 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs more than 18,000 employees and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 600 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment.