Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support Individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. As a Director of Nursing with REM-The MENTOR NETWORK you’ll be one of those special people. For REM and The MENTOR Network the Director of Nursing is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the Director of Nursing role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. REM and The MENTOR Network is seeking a Director of Nursing to direct a department of program responsible for delivering health care services to clients/consumers. The Director of Nursing manages staff Registered Nurses (RNs) and works in tandem with those nurses to supervise and oversee the work of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs). The Director of Nursing also implements, promotes, completes and evaluates all medically related services and supports.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Nursing Program
- At least five years of work experiencewith the population being served, and at least three years of management experiencerequired
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Othereducation and experience plus licensure as required by state
- Flexibility to travel and provide services in both the Charleston and Beckley areas
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.