Assumes responsibility for the management and adoption of Nursing Institute clinical technologies and administration of the nursing technology portfolio. Collaborates with the ACNO of Nursing Informatics for strategic and operational planning. Provides leadership consultation and accountability to Nursing, IT, Ancillary and Operational departments regarding technology recommendations and solutions utilized in frontline care. Oversees projects related to both nursing and IT digital strategies.
- Demonstrates executive presence during all verbal and nonverbal interactions with individuals and workgroups. Self identifies with behaviors characteristics that are representative of a high sense of emotional intelligence, leadership, and professionalism. Demonstrates a working knowledge of a clinical leader role.
- Works with ACNO to develop, maintain, and regularly communicate the strategic plan for the department staff and the nursing insitute. Assists with skill advancement, mentorship, resource allocation, and prioritizations of future work plans that align to organizational strategy, goals and outcomes.
- Responsive to all customer, stakeholder and business partner needs including timely communications and full engagement in initiatives where nursing informatics expertise or leadership is required. Provides consistent, timely, clear, and comprehensive communications to Nursing Institute Leadership related to clinical technologies and outcomes.
- Serves as a content expert related to staff interaction with clinical information systems and their content by providing consultative support and instruction as needed while adapting to local site differences. Ensures all Office of Nursing Informatics leaders and staff deliver on the services and outcomes established in standard operating procedures, project plans, policies/standard operating procedures, and agreements with all stakeholders,
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters in Informatics or related field required. Completion of a recognized course of study from an accredited School of Nursing. In-depth knowledge of clinical nursing theory and practice.
- RN State of Ohio
- ANCC Nursing Informatics certification within 6 months of hire.
- 3 years clinical nursing experience, inpatient preferred. 3 years in a nursing leadership or IT leadership positon.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities