Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility. They will assume responsibility as a department lead of the OR, Preop, and PACU. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for overseeing the facilities quality improvement, risk management, infection control, and education of the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is responsible to work in patient care. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Provides leadership oversight to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility’s policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & leadership and develops positive working relationships within departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, physicians, surgical schedulers, vendors and the public – in person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Analyzes and correlates clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Provides direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Associates degree in nursing required, a bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- Current RN licensure
- 2 years Nursing Management experience preferred.
- Successful completion of BLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS certification. Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification