Description: Plans, designs, implements, and manages standards of practice of the RN, LVN, and MA and clinical roles for ambulatory services. Ensures staff meet established state/local legislation and regulatory requirements. May manage one or more departments.
- Guides and defines nursing practice, sets limits, identifies and interprets the scope of practice for RNs, LVNs, and Mas, other Allied Health Professionals (e.g., PA, CRNA, CNM, NP..), as delineated by each medical center, and other medical offices support staff.. Consults with Chiefs of Service and Credentialing office with regard to PA protocols and privileges. Provides interpretation and advises changes to the Nursing Practice Act, LVN Act, MA and Physician Assistant Regulations and other pertinent regulations to administration, physicians, staff and managers.
- Ensures that departments have an ongoing quality improvement program which examines consistent nursing and clinical practice, validating outcomes by research and data collection. Evaluates the current practice, initiates new nursing roles and clinical roles and assists in establishing training programs to support the expanded roles.
- Represents the TPMG Ambulatory Nursing perspective at all levels of the organization, sharing best practices and resources. Represents the TPMG Ambulatory Nursing perspective at all levels of the organization, sharing best practices and resources.
- May manage one or more departments, which may include budgetary responsibilities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory/management experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of previous nursing administration experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field required.
- Master's degree in nursing or other related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 769699