The Director of Nursing Academic Services (DNAS) is accountable for ensuring a continuous improvement of a student-centered learning experience in collaboration with the education partner. The student experience includes all curricular (coursework, laboratory experiences, clinicals), co-curricular (academic enrichment, success planning, support services) and extracurricular (community engagement, professional development, career planning) activities. The DNAS is an experienced nurse leader with a track record of achieving challenging goals who holds a graduate degree in nursing and is eligible for RN licensure in state of site (or possesses an unencumbered RN license in the state.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Assisting with the recruitment, monitoring, and development of full-time and adjunctfaculty members/clinical instructors.
- Establishing clinical partner sites and managing relationships with site.
- Assigning clinical placements based on learning outcomes.
- Maintaining nursing facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Facilitating student academic progression through advising, coaching, and brokering referrals.
- Participating in community and professional activities that bring distinction to Orbis Education and education partner school.
DNAS / RESPONSIBILITIES / SKILLS
- Manage and facilitate New Student Orientation and Hospital/Facility Orientation
- Collaborate with Academic Success Coach (ASC) in the areas of academic enrichment activities including: tutoring, review sessions, success planning/remediation, coaching and other services as appropriate
- Identify areas for and participate in continuous improvement processes for learning activities in collaboration with education partner leaders and faculty.
- Ensure validity and reliability (in collaboration with faculty) of all student assessment and evaluationprocesses
- Advise, coach, and mentor students for academic success
- Manage and monitor (in collaboration with faculty and ASC) success plans for at-risk students
- Facilitate integration of and success planning with standardized testing products (if applicable).
- Monitor and promote academic integrity
- Ensure compliance with ADA requirements and associated reasonable accommodations.
- Monitor and evaluate all site associated learning activities to assure compliance with curricular, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
- Establish new clinical learning sites.
- Ensure that clinical affiliation agreements are in place.
- Assign students and faculty to clinical placements to meet learning outcomes.
- Ensure all clinical activities are congruent with the curriculum and meet quality, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with clinical partner site staff to provide optimal student-centered clinical learning activities and environment.
- Evaluate quality of, satisfaction with, and appropriateness of clinical sites.
- Recruit and orient FT & adjunctfacultyassociated with site.
- Develop and implement professional individual development plans (in collaboration with faculty) related to teaching/learning for FT faculty.
- Mentor and coach FT and adjunctfaculty for effective student-centered teaching/learning practices.
- Plan and facilitate professional development activities to enhance teaching/learning.
- Supervise and evaluate (as delegated by education partner) FT and adjunctfaculty.
- Assist with student recruitment.
- Contribute to the overall success of the site team and company as a whole.
- Supervise and evaluate academic support staff (if applicable).
- Track, synthesize, and disseminate to stakeholders individual and aggregate student academic outcomes.
- Track quality metrics, maintain established benchmarks, initiate and deploy quality improvement strategies when indicated.
- Maintain physical facilities, equipment, and supplies in accordance with Orbis, partner school, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
- Allocate resources (human, space, equipment, supplies, etc.) to effectively meet student and operational outcomes.
- Provide sound business case for all requests for investment of additional resources including human, capital, and operating.
- Develop in collaboration with other stakeholders and within establish corporate guidelines site annual operating budget.
- Justify all budget variances ≥10%.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Data-driven/evidence-based decision making skills
- Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis
Commitment to excellence in quality nursing education at the baccalaureate level or higher
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holds a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program (CCNE or ACEN) within a regionally accredited college or university. Doctorate degreepreferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in state of each site locations or compact licensure and eligibility for RN licensure in state of educational partner, if required.
- NLN Certification as nurse education (CNE) preferred
- Minimum of 7 years nursing practice with demonstrated evidence of accountability for systems-level outcomes (including management of human resources)
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience (must include clinical teaching) at the baccalaureate level or higher in nursing. Inclusion of online teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Academic leadership experience strongly preferred.