At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe.
In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Director of NPI Operations Program Management will be the key operations leader, leading new product introductions for all upcoming Fitbit products. You will lead a team of Operations program managers. You would help them excel in their role leading the different product launches for Fitbit by strengthening the process around new product development and launch.
You will help the OPMs and the operations teams in addressing key challenges that come up during the product development and launch process. The role affords the opportunity to exercise broad leadership across operations, engineering and rest of the company.
The person in this role needs to be a natural leader and facilitator; be driven, organized and detail oriented; excel in program/project management; thrive in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manages through relationships and influence: and displays grace under fire.
What You’ll Work On:
- Lead cross-function teams through the new product development process and execute seamless product launches including early design engagement, prototype and design validation, manufacturing process setup, ramp and delivery to customers.
- Lead a team of OPMs that work with engineering, product management, marketing, finance and rest of the operations functions like planning, test engineering, manufacturing engineering, automation, sourcing, logistics, refurb operations, etc. to create a product development and launch plan that meets the market and business needs.
- Lead creating supply chain/manufacturing plans working with all functions within operations. Drive early engagement and Dfx. Drive capital spend optimization and res-use.
- Develop pre-launch and ramp build plans with metrics that lead the team to work strategically and efficiently. Pivotal metrics are schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams to develop manufacturing blueprint with process flows, floor layout, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build.
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
- Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, and features.
- Develop metrics to measure the team’s progress and success at deliver on commitments. Act as the Operations leader in communicating program readiness, identifying risks and driving mitigation plans.
- Head-up technical issue resolution related to manufacturing process control and capability. Technical experience working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines.
- Develop robust processes for FA on customer returns to Synthesize Voice of Customer into both process changes and product development cycles.
- Coordinate the phase out of obsolete products with the launch of new products.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of relevant operations experience at the management level
- Ability to converse intelligently with cross-functional team
- A proven track record of coaching, motivating and supporting a team
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, attention to detail, and ability to multitask We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- BS in Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred
- MS in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management preferred
- Travel to Asia: 15-20%
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.