Be a part of the Subway? Group ? the world?s largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Director, Menu Management & Innovation position will define R&D strategy and ?Big Picture? thinking, directing the new product development process and priorities for the brand including oversight of the Culinary, Bakery, Research, Project Management as well as Administrative support teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic R&D planning to ensure the brand is abreast of all current and future eating trends (bakery, protein, flavors, and toppings).
- Maintain a continuous pipeline of products (bakery, protein, flavor, toppings) that cater for all business day parts, and deliver against the brand strategy of health, value and indulgence.
- Oversee the New Product Development (NPD) process from ideation thru chain wide rollout. Ensuring all projects are diligently tested with both consumer and operator feedback.
- Accurate planning of initiatives to ensure all projects meet the strategic needs of the brand, are feasible for the store operations and support both short and longer term marketing initiatives.
- Define and prioritize the new product development activities so that culinary, bakery and research team members are making effective use of resources and time. Ensure a disciplined approach is applied to research methodologies and all new product testing, with detailed analysis of results and recommendations associated with findings.
- Collaborate with the Quality team to commercialize any New Product Development to that of full scale roll out. Ensure the Operations team, FAF, Suppliers and IPC are fully aligned on the development and execution of new product rollouts.
- Provide R&D support to the project execution for continuous improvement of Gold Standard specification. Ensure there is close alignment with the R&D Quality team (test structure, data collection).
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor?s degree in Business, Market Research or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum five years in a QSR Research & Development leadership role.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Interpretation of sales and research data.
- Excellent presentation, project management and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office.