We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of running a multi-million dollar spectroscopy sales teams across the United States and Canada; this willinclude developing sales and channel strategies, maximizing customer satisfaction and customer loyalty, and creating programs in order to achieve quota as well as order and market share growth within the operating budget and headcount targets.
Main responsibilities include:
• Managing SPSD managers and employees throughout North America, setting clear objectives and defining strategic goals for the team; focus will be applied to optimizing the channel and coverage model. SPSD sales teams are comprised of inside sales, account managers, manufacturer’s representatives, product specialists and application scientists; covering both molecular and atomic spectroscopy.
• Ensure the team is performing to quota and growth expectations by implementing processes and clear metrics to aggressively track and review the Spectroscopy team's performance
• Effectively coordinate initiatives across geographies, markets and sales teams in order to leverage internal synergies and best practices, in close alignment with Agilent’s overall spectroscopy strategy
• Further develop and integrate multiple sales channels to drive a variable cost model
• Lead the introduction and sales ramp for new products, driving the "re-skilling" of the sales force, where needed; driving disciplined collaboration with partners including field marketing, the customer service organization, and solution unit
• Ensure compliance in the organization, as per Corporate's policies and requirements
In this role you'll be asked to establish a leadership position in the AFO Spectroscopy markets, by driving and achieving growth, gaining market share, and increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Agilent brand.
You will be supervising and developing members of the molecular & atomic spectroscopy sales teams and working closely with the rest of the Americas team to ensure theentire organization is aligned with the Spectroscopy plans and strategies. You will be tasked with continuously improving the cost base structure through operational excellence toensure profitable growth
Geographical Location: the position is based in North America
• Bachelors or Master Degree or University Degree or equivalent in chemistry, biology, or equivalent;
• MBA, PhD or equivalent experience desired.
• 5+ year experience in direct management/leadership of a sales or service organization; international or global Sales/Marketing organization desired with a proven track record ofexceeding sales targets and goals
• 5+ years career experience in an instrumentation systems (including consumables) business, or a chemical/consumables business
• Proven ability to translate overall strategies into actionable operational plans and assuring implementation as well as coordination of sales strategies for key customer accounts
• Proven track record of successful change management initiatives
• Demonstrated leadership skills in leading a growing an organization by setting and meeting goals and motivating cross-functional international teams; including teams composed ofsales agents, distributors or manufacturer’s representatives
• Track record of results in developing/enhancing customer access and relationship between sales and service organizations
• Proven ability to develop channel strategies with record of results in sourcing, developing and managing channels
• Excellent organization and planning skills; as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
• Bilingual (French & English) communication skills strongly preferred