Alkermes is a leader in innovative medicines that address the unmet needs and challenges of people living with debilitating diseases. As an integrated global biopharmaceutical company, Alkermes applies our scientific expertise, proprietary technologies, and global resources to develop products that are designed to make a meaningful difference in the way patients manage their disease.
Through our proven scientific, development and commercial capabilities, Alkermes is uniquely positioned to be an engine of innovative treatments for major clinical conditions specifically focused on central nervous system disorders. Alkermes is in an exciting phase of growth with a diversified portfolio of commercial products and an exciting pipeline of products across the clinical stages.
To achieve our goals for continued growth we are expanding our New Product Planning Team with the addition of a new Director of New Product Planning. This position offers an ambitious and experienced candidate the opportunity to significantly contribute to the long-term commercial success through the management of development products in multiple therapeutic areas with primary responsibility for strategic thinking, positioning and market understanding primarily in the areas of multiple sclerosis and pain.
Director will report into the Head of New Products to collaborate on a variety of lifecycle planning, market research activities and development of marketing strategies currently including the therapeutic areas of: multiple sclerosis, pain, immunotherapies and other pre-proof-of-concept areas.
- Support and participate in the development of forward-looking strategies, market positioning and product profiles by synthesizing primary and secondary inputs that will inform the lifecycle plan
- Develop and assess product profiles and positions to enhance success in multiple key customer segments
- Evaluate the commercial viability of mid-term and long-term opportunities and provide input into the long range forecast
- Track and understand the therapeutic market trends from a commercial, managed markets, clinical, and scientific perspective
- Manage external consulting partners (e.g., strategy consultants, market research), and internal partnerships (medical, clinical, CMC, etc)
- Represent commercial interest as a member of cross functional product teams responsible for: CMC, regulatory approval, policy issues, patients concerns, and scientific leadership
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree (advanced degreepreferred)
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical product development, or lifecycle/ new product planning
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or roles in life sciences/healthcare consulting
- Previous experience with and / or understanding of the relationship between clinical trial design, label development, and promotional messaging
- Previous experience in a commercial assessment role that required comprehensive understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives (e.g., HCP, Payers, Patients) and/or different business perspectives (e.g., clinical, R&D, marketing)
- Knowledge of pain management and/or multiple sclerosis strongly preferred, but not required
- Global experience strongly preferred, but not required