ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies target markets in accordance with organizational strategy, utilizing familiarity with corporate operations and existing reporting, tools and dashboards;
- Implements the business strategy for ChenMed, et al’s new and evolving markets. Supports corporate leadership in the preservation, development and growth of market-based strategies;
- Identifies, analyzes and prioritizes opportunities for acquisition, investment and strategic partnership, working closely with teams across the ChenMed organization;
- Implements growth strategies targeted at the core markets that we serve today, as well as market adjacencies that represent opportunities for expansion, and leveraging modern technology to improve the patient experience.
- Participates in new and expanding market launches with a possible operational role in new markets. Performs analysis of new market/growth opportunities and makes recommendations to corporate leadership on key strategic and tactical decisions;
- Manages the merger and acquisition engagements, process, and post-merger integration;
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders, leadership teams and internal departments to carry out key projects and works collaboratively to drive successful completion of tactical and strategic initiatives;
- Collaborates with stakeholders to align and integrate corporate resources and corporate strategic business plans across the organization, including the projection of capital, operating, information technology and human resources needs;
- Identifies and evaluates potential acquisition opportunities across existing verticals and potential new markets;
- Creates financial models that support market expansion endeavors. Supports financial, sales and operations reporting and analysis;
- Supports the entire new partner life cycle including strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, contract negotiations;
- Oversees project management for implementation of key initiatives and driving critical projects. Assistance level includes hands-on implementation planning assistance for any major initiative (acquisitions, market expansions, regulatory readiness, etc.) identified within ChenMed’s family of companies;
- Develops relationships with external affiliates and business partners;
- Evaluates capital allocation decisions alongside investors and senior management team;
- Communicates and collaborates with teams across all functional areas of the organization; supports additional projects as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.