Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, Sunnova is the leading privately held U.S. residential solar + battery storage service provider. Sunnova's goal is to provide the choice of low-cost, worry-free solar energy and battery storage technology that generates long-term value and savings for customers and facilitates continued business growth for its network of trusted partners. Our mission is to power energy independence for our nearly 60,000 customers across the US and its territories.
Sunnova Energy Corporation is currently searching for a Director, New Home Solar/Storage Sales for our Channel Operations group. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 20+ states and several U.S. territories. Sunnova uses Channel Partners to sell Sunnova contracts, install PV systems and interconnect with the utility all the systems. Sunnova then services every system while providing all monitoring, maintenance and repairs. The Director of New Home Partnerships responsibilities will be to assist the VP Enterprise Partnerships and Partner Development with increasing revenue growth by developing partnerships with residential home builders, developers and existing Sunnova PV partners.
- Create a national growth strategy based upon the California Energy Commission solar mandate in California
- Bring existing relationships and develop formal Sunnova partnerships with home builders and developers nationally
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience bidding, negotiating and closing new construction contracts
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to scale the new homes division
- Recruit and qualify larger vendor and trade base to meet construction and growth objectives
- Explore and develop a strategy for Sunnova to leverage anticipated shared solar-power system serving a group of homes
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- 8-12 Experience in the new home construction industry.
- Demonstrated leadership in B2B Sales.
- Demonstrated leader within the home building industry
- Experience as new construction purchasing manager/options manager
- Entrepreneurial mindset with Business Development experience in new home construction
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with management of direct reports
- Experience in managing internal projects with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of major PV components (PV Modules, inverters, batteries, and racking systems).
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong creative and strategic planning skills.
- Confident personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and tight deadlines, able to work in a concise, clear and focused.