Director, New Financial Representative Development
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Provides strategic leadership over the development of New Financial Representatives (NFRs), within their first 4+ years. This role will support the NFRs learning and growth to build a solid foundation for a Financial Representative (FR) practice, while leveraging partnerships with our regional field leadership team in delivering “The Thrivent Promise”. Responsible for the comprehensive system process and tools to ensure NFRs have the knowledge, skills, and support structures necessary to build their financial services business. The Director of NFR Development will ensure a comprehensive onboarding strategy that aligns with the core competencies, experiences and resources outlined in the NFR development roadmap with expected timelines. A strategic partner with key corporate and regional field leadership, creating a strategy that coordinates resources and tools to foster an understanding of regional goals and managing strong execution of projects. Leads a team of training and development consultants specializing in sales force training, licensing and financial service practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads projects with a team supporting NFRs by identifying stakeholders, providing the needed resources and follow-through to ensure strong execution on project deliverables.
- Serves as corporate liaison for NFRs interfacing with the regional field leadership team for advice and assistance in growing their business. Ensure NFRs are confidently guiding their Thrivent members to understand what “The Wise with Money Journey” means for them personally.
- Creates a comprehensive onboarding process for NFRs, differentiating the curriculum, activities and timeline expectations based on NFRs background and level of experience in the financial service industry.
- Supports and encourages the learning activities, project experiences, field leadership relationship-building and education directed for NFRs on their NFR development roadmap, including our own New Leader and Foundations Academies. High concentration of establishing core competencies during NFRs first year with continued assessment of NFR progress and development needs through years 2-6.
- Accountable for licensing, registration and exam tracking and completion, as appropriate, by role.
- Resolve common issues which impact the Regional Financial Offices (RFOs) efficiency and effectiveness by working across the organization to improve processes and systems used by the RFOs.
- Manage and develop staff to drive training and development initiatives for NFRs that ensures retention and supports their transition to building a financial practice aligning with Thrivent’s mission of helping others on their “Wise with Money” journey.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the financial services industry and financial representative experience strongly preferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- Advanced financial services designation (e.g. CLU, ChFC, CFP), strongly preferred
- Ability to travel (25%)
Other Critical Factors:
- Proven track record leading complex project implementations
- Experience in managing high performance teams
- Ability to communicate between functional groups
- Strong analytical skills and experience with software used to evaluate, interpret and analyze data
- Understanding of regulations governing financial services and the requirements for representatives and leaders.
- Experience with leading change effectively
- Makes sound decisions