Director, New Business Development
Less than 5 years experience •
An international corporate trade firm seeks high motivated, aggressive lead generation experts to build its new business pipeline.
The primary responsibility of the Director, New Business Development is to create interest in the firm's business model from prospects and leads using various methods like cold calling, email, social media, SalesForce.com, internet research and marketing efforts. The ultimate goal is to gain access to perspective clients while collaborating with the outside salespeople.
Key responsibilities include:
* Initiate outbound prospecting using phone, email, direct mail and trade shows to obtain information, qualify the prospect and ultimately coordinate opportunities for outside sales person to meet the prospect in person.
* Customize and clarify the compelling value proposition for the corporate trade model to use in communicating with key decision makers.
* Utilize in-depth knowledge of the business model, value proposition and other features and benefits to develop new business.
* Research and target prospects which have a qualified spend in procurement areas where the firm has established trading leverage.
* Work in concert with the firm's outside salespeople on key account strategies such as finding an under performing asset or identifying critical decision makers.
Ideal candidates will be self-starters, highly motivated, tenacious, inquisitive, tech savvy, extroverted, quick-witted, positive, genuine and independent workers who enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment.
*Undergraduatedegree or equivalent experiencerequired; MBA a plus
* Two plus years of related sales experience - preferably in consultative or conceptual sales
* Must be proficient in social media technologies plus able to use internet to do research on business information
* Participation in a structured lead generation or telemarketing program is another plus as are media and/or digital media skills